2. A snowflake forms.
3. A magnet falls through a copper pipe.
10. A piece of metal is melted inside an electromagnet.
This one takes a while but is worth the wait.
11. A mimic octopus stops mimicking the ocean floor.
12. Smoke from a candle is set on fire.
13. A loop of plasma four times the size of the Earth erupts from the Sun.
NASA / Via luxxdurty.tumblr.com
14. A gallium spoon melts in hot water.
16. Flammable fluid in a glass jar.
17. A firework exploding in slow motion.
18. Ferrofluid in a glass bottle.
19. And magnetic putty swallowing a metal cube whole.
20. Ferrofluid forming into Christmas trees.
22. Seed pods exploding.
23. Sodium polyacrylate + water = artificial snow!
27. Tracking a jellyfish’s movements with green dye.
28. Supercooled water freezes on contact with ice.
29. Sulphur hexaflouride is much denser than air.
Don’t try this one at home: sulphur hexaflouride is almost 24,000 times more potent than carbon dioxide as a greenhouse gas.